Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August hush

I know you've all been wondering...I am still alive, I made it to New York ok, and I'm relatively settled into my new apartment. So far, my air mattress has been surprisingly comfortable (yay!), I am yet to bang my head on the top bunk (yeah, I sleep in a bunk bed now--jealous?), and so far DHL still hasn't charged me for the big boxes I shipped to myself (shhh).

My good luck has been far from universal, however. In fact, I think I may have jinxed my new neighborhood. I've spent way more time in the last week visiting friends in the hospital than I have spent looking for a new job. But hopefully, once things get settled down, I'll be able to use blogging as my means of distraction from said job search.

So watch out for posts on American Idol auditions, my ten-year high school reunion, New York baseball, the sheer joy that is Olympic racewalking, and the unexplained recent ubiquitousness of Tom Jones's "Sex Bomb." They're all (hopefully) coming soon. In the meantime, you can keep yourselves occupied with this.

3 comments:

Betsy Hollingshead said...

10 years out of high school? Wow! Just Kidding. I do hope we get to see you on American Idol, though.

Lady Holiday said...

Welcome back to Harlem, Jeff.

Seth Hill said...

Racewalking is the best sport ever. And not just because Mexico usually medals in it.