Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My horn, tooted

I submitted some blogs for a contest earlier this week, and was pleasantly surprised at the feedback I received yesterday.

In his e-mail, the editor said my writing samples "were excellent. You're a great writer and, so far, they don't need too much editing. It's refreshing.

"I don't know if you read a lot of columns or what but your writing already has a quasi-seasoned columnist tone to 'em. Good work."

Oh, and he described the picture I submitted (from last year's hot dog eating contest) as "epic."

Not bad, eh? I should know by the end of the week if I'm a finalist in the contest, and if I win, I could end up being paid to write a weekly blog! I'll definitely keep you all updated.

Thanks for reading my blog--if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be nearly so quasi-seasoned.

8 comments:

Amy said...

That's great, Jeff! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Tiffany said...

Go team you!!!!!

David M said...

Because I am a regular reader, and the first to comment on this post, I'll take most of the credit for your seasoning.

Seriously, though, that's awesome. I hope you win.

Tabitha said...

You really are a good writer! You should pursue that whatever the outcome of the contest.

jeff said...

Thanks everybody!

Oh, and sorry, David. Two people got their comments in before you. I've been getting a lot of spam comments lately, so it's probably time to switch to a word verification comment system. Then you'd know for spot in the queue for sure.

David M said...

I'm still taking most of the credit.

Thoroughly Modern Millie said...

Congrats!

M. McCune said...

Mmmm, seasoning.