Tuesday, January 20, 2009

When yellow will be mellow

Of course I watched the inauguration, don't be ridiculous! Today's events made me think of this. I'm amazed now-President Obama never used this as a theme song for something, whether it be his campaign, the DNC, his victory rally (the show is set in Chicago, after all), or any of the inaugural events. The lyrics, as well as Cousin Balki's embodiment of the American Dream, seem right up Obama's alley.

Maybe that's one of the reasons I like sitcoms so much: when they're actually depicted, the red man can get ahead, man, and brown can stick around. And I guess we could add something like "folks from Mypos won't be treated like creepos." I'll keep working on that.

I voted for Obama, but I've always been a pretty casual fan. Today was pretty impressive, though. It was exciting to be a part of it. I was in awe at the sheer mass of humanity in attendance--it was as if the entire country was participating in a collective dance of joy.

USA! USA! USA!

1 comment:

Thoroughly Modern Millie said...

I completely forgot about Perfect Strangers, I loved that show.