Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our Cannon Center is a liquor store

Remember the photo essays I've done in the past about places I've lived and worked? Someone else was nice enough to do one for my current apartment building for me, minus the jokes that I normally include.

(The pastry chef mentioned in the article is me. Well, not really. But I took his spot in the building.)

Living in Harleman Halls isn't too different than living in May, or Stover, or Budge, or the other Helaman Halls halls. We have longer visiting hours, and despite the descriptions of crime in the neighborhood, it might actually be safer here, because there are fewer 18-year-old pranksters around. Oh, and a tiny two-man dorm room like the one I shared with Kyle Hampton during the 1998-99 school year would probably cost about $900 a month out here. But otherwise, they're pretty much the same.

1 comment:

Betsy Hollingshead said...

I read that article and yes, I did see you in all of your majesty standing in the picture. At least I'm pretty sure it was you, unless you have a guy dressing up as you and living where you live.