Monday, October 20, 2008

Virgin is for lovers of good deals

But not for people who try to cheat the system.

My brother called me the other day to tell me that, after reading my last post and buying his own copy, he posted Virgin Mega's Simpsons DVD bargain on slickdeals.com, a website he uses. Within hours, people were leaving comments that their orders were being cancelled, with some admitting that they had tried to buy 50 copies in hopes of selling them on eBay (I'm guessing they're the ones who ruined it for everyone else).

For a few days, the Season 11 DVD set was gone entirely from the Virgin website; now it's back, but the price is $39.99. Sorry if I'm indirectly responsible for you having to pay full price to hear Springfield University star kicker Anton Lubchenko admit that communications is a phony major. "Lubchenko learn nothing. Nothing!"

And I hope Virgin doesn't figure out that I'm the one who started this whole mess; I'd be scared to read the e-mail they'd send me about magical creatures tearing my limbs off and pecking at my soul.

No comments: