Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Cool shirt, Chachi!"

This was the compliment paid to me by none other than Constantine Maroulis, as he posed for a picture with my friend Larissa.

Yes, that Constantine Maroulis. The long-haired rocker from the Carrie Underwood season of American Idol that wasn't Bo Bice. The one whose eyes became constant fodder for Joel McHale. He's currently performing on Broadway in Rock of Ages, and Riss had just seen the show and wanted his autograph.

I consider Constantine's celebrity and talent to be marginal at best, but I'll give him credit for two things: first, he seems like a genuinely nice guy, and I appreciated the validation he gave me. Second, the man recognizes a good shirt when he sees one. I was wearing this beauty, a Christmas gift from my sister Chelsea. (Yes, I'm still planning to write at length of my love for Charles in Charge.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see Rock of Ages with your friend? Just curious, since Constantine has been getting rave reviews from the press about both his acting and his outstanding vocal skills in the show. He also just received a nomination from the Broadway Drama League for Dinguished performer in a musical and is the first ever American Idol to be eligible for a Tony since he has originated a new role on Broadway- and there is a lot of buzz that he might actually be nominated for a Tony as well for his role in Rock of Ages.

Anonymous said...

Constantine is spot on in his role as Drew in Rock of Ages. I can definitely understand why he was cast as the lead and how awesome that he's nominated for these awards. He deserves it. This is a must for me to see again.

Larissa said...

CORRECTION - my friend wanted his autograph and I figured since we were waiting, I might as well get one too...and then when the photos were allowed, I thought to myself - WHY NOT? SO...it isn't like I'm some idol stalker or anything! Sheesh!
And to Anonymous #1...YES, the show was actually quite enjoyable although chaotic and stripper-esque and I was mega-impressed with Constantine's vocal chops as well as acting abilities. We were sitting practically on the stage - front row in one of the stage crevices. He knew we had been in the front row and was actually quite kind...the show I saw the night before, the star would not pose for photos because there were "too many people" but there were many more for Constantine. Interesting...

Anonymous said...

Constantine usually stays for autos and pix. I have seen him stay past the security taking downthe barricades and leaving. He has always been gracious and patient with his fans when I have seen him.

Lady Holiday said...

I'm SO jealous. Constantine is my one celebrity crush. I love love love him!

angelalois said...

wow, very cool. i love brushes with fame. even washed-up-idol fame is still fame. I saw Constantine on an Idol Rewind a couple months ago. So cool.