Thursday, October 22, 2009

I told you my mom was awesome

Tuesday was my half-birthday. As per our family tradition, my mom made me an enormous cookie. She has done this for each of her six kids on their half-birthday for many years, although the name spelled in chocolate chips is a relatively recent tweak (proof that altering long-standing customs doesn't always make them worse).

Here's a wider shot, for some perspective (and to show that a pleasant side effect to this giant cookie pill is leftover dough, which can be used to make more cookies). In possibly related news, every Hofmann male has a weight problem.

Thanks Mom!

P.S. There are only 180-something shopping days left until my birthday!

6 comments:

Janelle said...

I have a question, though it's probably better asked to your mom. Does she just use a normal cookie recipe? How does she adjust baking time?

Jenny said...

I want to know too the cookie method too! I think this is an awesome tradition! Happy Half B-day!

Tamara said...

Oh Jeff. I really miss you so much.

(...now I kinda miss your mom, too...)

jeff said...

My mom says she uses the same recipe for the giant cookie and the regular-sized ones, and that the big one takes a little longer to cook than a normal batch--but she never times cookies. She always just knows when they need to come out.

SusieQ said...

Your mom is awesome. Long live half birthdays!

Jnuck said...

I'm so glad to hear that other people celebrate half birthdays too! I'm always the only person to congratulate myself on September 20th.