Friday, October 30, 2009

Fats Domino

I've joked for years, and even written about it on my blog, that Domino's is always advertising something other than pizza.

So it's only right to give them credit for finally promoting their main product, even if it is only for a week. Their limited-time-only deal was a good one--a large one-topping pizza with extra cheese for just $5.99--and the ad campaign was even better. I can't find the video online (probably because of the promotion's short shelf-life), but the TV commercial they ran was pretty funny. They had signs in the restaurant saying that there was a limit of 256 pizzas per household per day, and customers were shown carting away dozens of pizza boxes, culminating in a woman pulling up with a tractor trailer, and the manager saying "this is NOT happening." Good stuff.

Well done, Domino's. This is the first time I remember you pushing your pizza since Donald Trump's cheeseburger pizza a few years ago, and I only remember that because of a funny SNL sketch. Now I can stop paying attention to you for another four years.

4 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

That is one of my top 20, maybe top10, (haven't made a list yet - maybe you should!) of my all time favorite SNL Sketches! It cut off the best part though: where he does the McDonald's jingle and says "Dominico's!" haha! Good stuff! You crack me up Jeff!

Jill said...

Is this nationwide?

jeff said...

It was cut off at the end, but it has the Dominico's part about halfway through...

As far as I know, it's nationwide, but I believe it's already over. Alas.

Larissa said...

They should bring back the Noid.