Thursday, May 7, 2009

From the home office in Times Square

I was going through some of my old papers and found a relic from my 2003 internship, the first time I came to New York. I was part of a group of 30-40 interns from BYU, and before we all returned to school we had a going-away party of sorts.

At the party, I presented awards based on junior high-style ballots I had distributed a week earlier (Best Dressed, Most Likely to Appear on Broadway, Most Likely to Get Lost on the Subway, etc.). I also unveiled a top 10 list I created for the event, which I am resurrecting here (this will be much funnier if you're a Mormon, have lived in Provo, and are familiar with the musicals that were running six years ago).

TOP 10 PROVO SPINOFFS OF BROADWAY SHOWS

10) Chicosmo
9) The Producers of Children
8) Phantom of the HFAC
7) Aida Lot: The Freshman 15
6) Movin' Out of Liberty Square
5) Mamma Mia-Maid
4) Man of the Malt Shoppe
3) The Play What I Stole Off the Internet (this one is pretty obscure; we were mostly Comms interns, and this happened while we were there, so it was relevant to us)
2) Thoroughly Mormon Millie
1) Take Me Out--Please--I'm About to Graduate and I'm Not Married!

You may now tell me how funny I am.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

:)

you are SUPER funny!!!!!

Larissa said...

Hey! I'd like to see the poll questions and the winners....I forgot all about that!