Monday, November 2, 2009

Frankenweiner

Another Halloween has come and gone. I'm lucky to have a brother who buys good costumes and lets me wear them the next year. He must have had a premonition, because this was a very appropriate 'stume for me in 2009.

I think they also sell a "slutty hot dog" costume, which is the same thing, but with no bun.

Here I am holding what appears to be the action figure of whatever character I'm dressed as.

I know this is wrong, but it looked so delicious! Can you blame me?

I soon realized what I was doing, but by then it was too late. Don't worry, I gave the remains a proper burial.

My Halloween was very low-key. I put on the costume, passed out candy to some neighborhood kids, and watched Nightmare Before Christmas with my brother and sister (surprisingly, the first time I've seen it all the way through). It was fun, but this was the first time since junior high at least (not counting one of the two years of my mission) that I hadn't attended some kind of Halloween dance, and many of those years also included work parties, comedy shows, etc. Oh, well. Time to get to work on next year's costume!

5 comments:

Aaron said...

You attended a Halloween dance on your mission?

Jill said...

Haha, you could get away with that because people would think that being an elder was your costume

jeff said...

The ward I was serving in had a party-slash-dance. I went as a mobster, which required only slight modifications to my usual elder wardrobe and intent.

Thoroughly Modern Millie said...

Love your costume!

angelalois said...

I say... new facebook pic?